Wednesday, October 05, 2005

::sit back and reminisce::
just random memories of my life.

my grandmother was such a great person. my sis and I used to go outside and pick these flowers that used to grow on the slope outside my house. actually it was more of a weed but the flower itself was nice. we'd compete to see who could pick a bigger bunch for grandma and we'd tie it up with a rubber band and give it to her. it was totally fugly but she always smelt it, said that it was so pretty and give both of us a kiss. she never did say who won.

my parents are divorced and I live with my dad. so when I was younger every once a month, my mom would come over and take us out. we'd go shopping or visiting relatives or catch a movie but no matter where we were, we'd always stop by the A&Ws at AMK to get some curly fries. it was like a ritual. now I see her a lot more often and i'm thankful for that. but sometimes I just wanna go back to when I was small. yah know. blissful ignorance and curly fries.

my dad was, and still is, quite obsessed with work. total workaholic. I remember there was a time that I didn't even feel close to him at all. 'cuz when he wasn't at work, he'd be in his room reading his books. but then there was a change. sometimes just out of the blue he'd come up to my sis and I and just go,"wanna watch a movie?". at first it was like "are you serious?" but yeah. we went. would always go to the cinema at northpoint and I remember him always asking us after the movie which was our favourite part. and we'd sit and laugh at the BK.



it's strange how often things turn out for the best even when you think that nothing could make it right. sometimes it's not a matter of whether you can or cannot fix a situation. cuz very often you can't. in those times, it's just learning how to work around the problem. i have a plan for my life. i finally know what i want to do. hopefully it's not too late and i pray that nothing gets in my way.

No comments: