Monday, November 05, 2007

Staying with the Stallions till the End

The end being ORD. Got news today from my ma'am that I won't be going to Brunei after all as someone else from another base is able to stay there longer than I would be able (and willing) to. So shall be spending the rest of my NSF life with my Stallion Family.

Good and bad in a way. I'm obviously more comfortable in this sqn having been here for over a year now. And with all the friends that I've made, can create havoc.

Will miss having the spending power that the Brunei posting would have brought plus the independence of living "by myself" in a different country. It would have been quite an adventure plus a story to tell. Oh well. Might still have a chance to go Korat with the sqn on Ex early next year.

I have a feeling that my ma'am really didn't want me to go at all. Cuz when her husband brought up the idea, she was rather hesitant to elaborate. Lol. My leaving would mean that she'd have to man the office by herself while training my understudy for me.

Meanwhile, life plods on. Actually, working like a slave for the past 10 months is going to pay off. I have many days of leave left to clear and so will be working short weeks for the rest of the year. Finally have a chance to relax.

Have been watching all my batchmates ORD-ing one by one. Rather depressing but at the same time, it's encouraging as it just means that my own ORD is approaching. As they say, early in, early out.

Less than 100 days left.....

No comments: