Friday, November 30, 2007

I now pronouce you...

I just had this really weird thought while I was having my morning crap. (Yes. Shit appears to go both down and up.)

Who invented the clock radio? It's an incredibly strange yet ingenious invention. The guy that thought of it must a been really cool to just wake up one day and think "Hey! Won't it be great to have a clock and a radio all in one?".

But it's an invention that really has some identity issues to deal with.
Am I a clock? Or am I a radio?
Am I a clock with a radio function? Or am I a radio which tells you the time as well?

It's a very strange marriage. Two seemingly unrelated brilliant inventions in their own right combining to great effect. Combination. Wow.

Just like cameras and cellphones. Who decided one day that it would be great to talking on the phone, see something that was really cool and just whip out your phone and snap a pic of it? That was really brill.

We should have more integrated inventions. Like a wallet-modem. You keep your money in it and whenever you need an Internet connection you just plug your wallet into a phone line and POW! You're connected. Of course you then see money flying out of your wallet. So maybe that's not all that great after all.

How about guitar-deodorant sprays. You know how you get really sweaty on stage and you start to stink. Well how about if you had a spray in the neck of the guitar that sprays deodorant in your direction leaving fresh and smelling great for the post-concert party. Just make sure it doesn't spray into your eyes. Those things sting.



Hrmm. Maybe I should just stay out of inventing stuff.

No comments: