Wednesday, March 08, 2006

:: Back together again ::
when I was very young, I held Christopher Reeve in very high esteem. It may have seemed childish but he seemed like a friend that I have never met just cuz we shared a name.

so when Christopher Reeve died in 2004 after making so much improvement in his condition, I think alot of people must have had a little bit of hope die in them too, myself included. His story was one that was truly inspiring. Paralyzed frm the neck down, he did not allow himself to take the challenge lying down [no pun intended at all], and I think that everyone was on his side wanting and urging him to defeat a disorder that seemed truly incurable. A Superman both on the screen and in real life.

just today, I saw the news on MSN that Dana Reeve, his wife has just passed away after struggling with lung cancer for over a year. Not of lung cancer but of a broken heart in my opinion, they were the perfect couple. This was no Hollywood love story, this was real life. In sickness and in health, they really stood by each other. Though he could not return her hugs, she still gave them anyway. A match made in heaven.

"Life is not fair. So stop expecting it to be."
-Dana Reeve

I wouldn't call it being pessimistic. It's being realistic. Bad things do often happen to good people. But it's their goodness that gets them through it unscathed.
God bless the Reeves. Rest well.

No comments: