Wednesday, August 04, 2004

a real joke

Omg. What a joke the 27th student council is. I have a few friends in the council and I don't wanna insult them. But I don't think they have done much for the school as of yet. They are supposed to be the "elite" of the school and they'll probably get more PEARLS points than most of the school population.

But I really think that if they are going to get the amount of points that they are going to get then they have to work for it. I think so far the only thing that I have seen them organising as a proper unit is the National Day celebrations. I must admit that they have done quite a lot of preparations for the celebrations.

But stuff like the teaching of the National Day songs was a total and utter FLOP. That chinese song that they ''taught'' on Monday is still a mystery. They didn’t actually teach the song. Two councillors just went up on stage and sang it for the rest of the school to listen to. You call that teaching? I don't.

Then what happened on Tuesday was total crap. Freddy and Hui xiang just went up on stage to make fools of themselves. Hey, I have nothing against being extroverted but that was just humiliating. The whole point of racial harmony n stuff must have been totally lost on them. And again, they didn’t teach the song.

The only song that they have successfully gotten the participation and the enthusiasm of the school with is ''Chan Mali Chan''. Haha... I guess the more classic the song the better. Everyone loves folk songs right. Going back to our childhoods and reminiscing about how carefree it was back then. I mean, who wouldn’t like that.

So far the council hasn’t really made an impact on the school in general. They are very cliquish. They tend to stick within themselves. They really shd try and be more open instead of hanging ard each other. That’s the point of having a council what. They are supposed to be an interface between the school management and the student population. The council is not supposed to be an elitist class that doesn’t need to give a crap about the rest of us.

The idea of having a council is for them to be our mouths and voice out our concerns and complaints to the people that run the school. I hope that they at least get that part right……

No comments: