Wednesday, August 11, 2004

The Frailty of Life

while everyone was celebrating national day and laughin at the fools on "Singapore Idol", there was one family in Singapore that did not join in on the festivities.....

that was the family of the late Mr Maxx, the librarian at my sec sch..... this post is dedicated to him....

I only found out about his passing on the day after national day. I did not even know that he was ailing.... he was handicapped and could not use half of his body as a normal person could.... but you couldn't consider him as handicapped.... he went ard his everyday business of running the sch's library normally and never let anything bring him down...

he was a friend to anybody who needed one... whether he was in the canteen drinking his morning coffee or in his room in the library, anyone who needed advice or a listening ear or just someone to crap ard with could go to him... before our o level exams, he would be standing just outside the hall to wish all of us the best of luck and to joke around with us to calm our nerves....

he was also a strong disciplinarian..... he would not tolerate any horsing around in his library and the noise level had to be keep at an acceptable level..... he would not hesitate to scold people.... but you always knew that he meant it in good way.... he would not scold for the sake of scolding but for the sake of the other library users and for your own good....

Mr Maxx was a constant figure in the school... he was ever-present and one of the rocks that Peicai Secondary School is supported by....

one of my regrets was not being able to see him one last time... I was supposed to collect my prom night VCD from him and I have been delaying going to collect it for a few weeks now... I wish that I had gone back to collect it... it would have been nice to have chatted with him for the last time... my hands are trembling as I type this post... I can't believe that he went so suddenly....

i'm sure that Peicai will definitely miss him dearly...
Goodbye Maxx... God Bless.... +

No comments: