Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Mai Kong

I think a major problem that I have is that I assume that a problem if ignored for long enough will solve itself. Obviously, that's not entirely true. If left on its own, a problem will generally not bother you until one day when it decides to come back and bite you in your big fat ass.

School is exactly like that. With all the stuff that was going on earlier this sem, I decided that school was something that I could put on the back burner while I settled everything else that had deadlines earlier than the exams. I knew I was falling behind but I just turned on my "mai kong" mentality and pushed my head further into the sand. And that is coming back to me in a BIG way.

Masking my emotions is another thing that I am proficient at except to those close to me. Those that know how to read me will know that often (though not always) when I don't react to something, it means that that issue means more to me than anything. But as with most things in my life, "mai kong" is the way that I choose to go.

Pressure. Something that we learn in physics. Basically, the more you try and cram into a container, the more force it exerts on the inner wall of the container and eventually, given enough pressure, the container will explode.

That's a little like how I feel right now. And that's affecting me in more ways than one.
Fuck... I am a bitch-all-day-about-how-sucky-my-life-is blogger.... (see previous post)

No comments: