Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Crunch time

Well. With Hall Prod finally over, I can at last get some time off to do some actual work and not be bothered with rehearsals and meetings and what not. And trust me, I have alot of catch up on. I'm doing a lot of tutorials from scratch and reading some of my lecture notes for the first time. But, if I had the choice, I wouldn't change a thing.

I wish I had the same passion for my studies as I have for everything else in life. I have so many things that I enjoy doing and I tend to concentrate on these stuff a lot more than I do my school work. Perfect example, I'm sitting here blogging with a half finished tutorial sitting in front of me.

Recently, I've been offered an opportunity to bring myself to a higher level in music and production. It's not a confirmed will-get kind of thing. But it's an open door nonetheless. An open door waiting for me to go through. And doors have been opening for me in other areas as well. It has come to the point that I can choose one and only one door to go through. And most likely, once I go through one door, all other doors will close to me.

That is the extent of the choice that is facing me at this point of time. Whether or not I can make it beyond each of the doorways is uncertain. As in, I cannot guarantee myself success in choosing one door over another. And I am still a Uni student first and foremost. My studies have really taken a hit with all the stuff that I've been doing over the past few months. I will have to really set my priorities straight even though I love what I'm doing outside much more than what I'm doing in school.

Sigh. As my neighbour said, it is not often people get the chance to do what they love as a profession. But inside, I know that often when people that pursue their passions in life, they often pay for it in other ways.

No comments: