Monday, November 28, 2005

::soooo goddamn pissed::
what the hell lar. my dad went to go and reinstall windows AGAIN. reset the whole blooming computer. now all my files are all over the computer and I have no idea where they are. to top it off, all my links are now lost so I don't have anybody's blog links, my own fav links, etc. aaaarrrggghh. within the past half an hour I have used all the filthy language that i have learn in my ten years in the singapore education system.
and you know what pisses me off the most. he did it to get rid of some sypware that got onto our computer. but after he goes and resets the whole bleeding computer, IT'S STILL THERE. so what is the blooming point. argh. so infuriating. this is the man, my father, that refuses to buy a proper anti-virus cum anti-spyware program off the market and prefers to rely on free software off the net. the fucking software he downloads is probably what is installing the spyware. but nooooooo. he refuses to get anything legitimate if it means taking cash outta his wallet. i've heard of being thrifty but this is seriously ridiculous. instead he prefers to spend many a sleepless night redoing the computer and causing a hell of alot of problems, not just for himself, but also for me and my sis.
now, just when i've got my profile on the computer all personalised and to my liking, i have to go and redo EVERYTHING. that means backing up all my pictures, music, vids, etc. also, i have to redownload all the programs that previously downloaded, i.e. MSN MSGr, Winamp, iTunes, etc. after all that's done. i still have to go and try and relocate all my missing links [which i have more or less given up on recovering].
plus, to further add to the pile of shit, this is not the first time that he's done it. so to add to all the confusion, there are multiple copies of stuff that he backed up from the past few times that he's done it. so i have like three or four copies of the same file. not only is that taking up space on the hard drive [that he has been nagging me and my sis to clear up] but also it makes it ten times more confusing when i try to back up my files cuz i don't know if i have already got a certain file backed up.
this is really like some S&M shit. he's asking for it himself. if only he'll get some proper anti-virus. it just costs 50-60 bucks and now that my sis is in uni, she gets a discount on software so it's even cheaper....!! so what is he waiting for.





forget it. i give up. i'm resigned to my fate. i'm just going to burn everything onto a DVD-R.

No comments: