Monday, September 11, 2006

:: Pride in Uniformity ::
woah.. This really made my day a couple of weeks ago....
here's the scene. I've just booked out for physio and i decide to stop by home to see how everything's going.
"The army now has short-sleeved shirts ah?", my grandfather comments after looking at my Smart4.
At first I'm slightly annoyed at the naive idea that the SAF would look after the everyday convenience of the common soldier and issue short sleeved no.4s for booking out and stuff. So i tell him, "Nope. We still have to fold up our long-sleeved uniforms."
"Wah. But you fold up your sleeves so neatly it looks like short sleeves"

Woah.... That like put me on the moon lah. He and i have never really got along that well and for him to say something like that makes me feel kinda proud to wear my uniform. haha... It does not however make me feel any more eager to book back into camp but it does help. and I've been taking real pride in folding my smart4 since then instead of the usual fuck4.

my downgrade papers have finally made it into the OC's (Officer Commanding) office so my PES status is in black and white. But the future is terribly uncertain for me. i have to put my fate in the hands of some higher authority in CMPB. Hoping so much that I'll get to stay on this base possibly revocated to a clerical job in one of the squadrons. Life in this base is pretty good albeit rather mundane but the main thing is that I'd like to stay with all these people that I've gotten to known in the past few months. Passing out is on thurs and the course will be beginning the on-job training on the following tues. Since i can't mount with the rest of them cuz of my PES then my new posting order should be coming in in the next few days. Cross your fingers for me will ya..?

No comments: