Friday, April 01, 2005

::what's my age again?::
i can't stand it... for the past week, my grandfather has been bugging me over and again abt me coming home "late"... what the hell... I'm freaking 17 going to be 18 in a couple of weeks... hey... i know how to take care of myself... I'm not some helpless child that needs to have someone holding my hand anytime that i step out of the house... what the hell....
give me my space... you may be concerned abt me but pls, i need to be able to do my own stuff too... for the past YEAR, i have always come home about 8-9 o'clock cuz of rugby training... you'd think that he'd get the idea that i won't be back for dinner in time cuz of training.... yet every single time that i come home a bit late after training he'll give me some stupid talking to abt calling home when I'm not coming back... I'VE BLOODY A BILLION PHARKING TIMES TOLD YOU THAT I WILL ALWAYS COME HOME LATE TUES AND THURS CUZ OF TRAINING!!
he never listens to me anyway... so i don't know why i even bother...
i don't really have a good relationship with my grandfather... we tolerate each other... don't expect any more than that....
i guess it's cuz I'm the grandchild that gave the most problems...

::brain-busting dilemma::
dunnoe if I'm going to give up the policy.... don't think that it is a very good idea... she's nice... too nice for a guy like me... i don't think that i can really make her happy....
i want to tell her... don't know if i shd... cuz i don't wanna spoilt anything... and i have a nagging feeling that things won't go well if i do... oh man...

::university::
was looking around at courses just for interests sake in the aussie uni guide.... there was this course that sounded interesting... Bachelor in psychology and bachelor in education(primary).... what it's all abt is learning abt the psychological development of children... at the primary school level... it may not seem glam or something (primary school teacher? haha) but it is really something working with kids...
but was also thinking if i could do something that i enjoyed personally like photography both as an artform as well as photography as a form of journalism, sports, portraits and the like... but it is a tough life... it really depends on ur luck... if you get a really good pic that can stand out against the tons of others, then you've got it made... ppl will be queuing up to get you to take their photo... and can you imagine having a picture that you took up on the cover of Time mag circulating all around the world... woah... the pride....
don't know what exactly my combi has to do with the courses that i was interested in, but these are just two that I'm actually interested in...

::it's just a block test. real one's coming up soon::
220 days to my first paper... yes... we've counting the no. of days left.. and that is the figure that we came up with... scary huh... kinda brings me down to earth...
i screwed up my block test... got like 16.5 outta 60 for maths... super bad.. that's like a pure F... plus i just passed my econs... a subject that i don't expect to score well in without studying... and i didn't really study for block tests... so i kinda deserve the grade.. but one sub that i did study for is phys... if i fail that I'm really gonna take the "express lift" down from the highest block of flats the HDB has to offer...... haha... kiddin... i think?
my dad's been starting to ask me abt sch more and more now... that means that he is indirectly trying to give the hint that i'd better do well or else he'll skin me alive... nah... he won't really skin me alive... i think he'll take whatever i get... as long as i can do something with it... but he is trying to pressure me into becoming the most studious student nanyang has ever seen... of course it doesn't work that way with me... I'm not like that... there's no way that he can ever pressure me into something like studying....
to borrow an old cliche.. it's my way or the highway... i did it for o lvls... i brought myself frm like a high 20 L1R5 to 14... it's not spectacular... but i think that i did what i could.. and the improvement in grades really made my day... reward for the work that i put in during the run-up to the o lvls... i know that the a lvls are a totally different kettle of fish... but i'm sure that i can do it again... i worked out a kind of study schedule and i'm really gonna work after the A divs are over... i know what you ppl are thinking... it's soooo much easier said than done... but i'm sure that i can do it... i'll show everyone that ever doubted in me...

No comments: