Thursday, April 16, 2009

When darkness falls, Your light shines ever brighter

On Tuesday before my first paper, I was honestly freaking out. I knew I wasn't prepared for it and there wasn't any more time to do damage control. That's when I thought of one of my favourite psalms or actually my favourite bible quote.


Thy word is lamp unto my feet,
And a light onto my path
-Psalms 119:105

Now. I don't normally like to preach on my blog cuz I feel that religion is personal opinion and the fact that I choose this point of view does not mean I should enforce it on others.

But that psalm and that song calmed my nerves and slowed my racing heart. So while in silent prayer, head bowed and eyes closed, I did my own personal worship. Amy Grant was right. Sometimes we all feel a little lost. And I feel as lost as guy trying to get to Albuquerque while reading a map of Central London. Upside-down.

Well. Two papers down and two more to go. I really don't know how I'm going to manage to pull myself out of this hole I've dug myself into. At least one up side was that I felt I didn't entirely screw up my maths paper this afternoon. I did leave some stuff out, but on the whole, hopefully did enough to pass.

The thought of ice-cold beers on the beaches of Tioman is the only thing keeping my sanity intact. That's my motivation for now.

There's plenty to do after the exams are over though. I need to look for a job, I need to finish writing my musical for Nov's Festival of Musicals, I need to finish up for some song writing competition that my friend wants to collaborate on, I need to start thinking about next year's production as well and I need to do something that I've been meaning to do for a while now.

Plus we haven't finished up recording and post-production on the "OST: Mistaken". And I wanna get it out there as soon as possible to try and drum up some canvassing for Hall Prod fund.

Overall, it's going to be a busy busy few months. Not to mention, I haven't got stone-cold deadbeat puke-in-the-street drunk in a long time. I've got many braincells marked out for death. And I don't intend to disappoint.

No comments: